Sixth week of Microbiology class :)

October 29, 2017 Ai 0 Comments

Hello everyone!
For this week, our lecturer makes a revision class before our test on Friday, hence we covered the topic on Introduction to Prokaryotes. What I have got from this class is we could know that the prokaryotes is defined as a group of microbe that lacks in nucleus and membrane-bound organelles. To understand the morphology of prokaryotes, we can identify it by viewing at the shape whether it is a cocci, bacilli, vibrio or spiral. For a prokaryote that is pleomorphic, it is because a certain properties in the cell wall makes it could change it shape easily compare to other organism. We also learned about the axial filaments, fimbriae, flagella, glycolcalyx and pili that is on the cell structures and how does it works in the cell.
Arrangements of Bacilli
We also have Test I on Microbiology I subject. It covers from the Introduction to Microbiology, Microscopy, Classification of Organisms and Introduction to Prokaryotes. After these topics that I have learned, I feel that I can answer the questions in the test, but still there are a lot of things I need to study and understand. 

That's all for this week. See you next time!

0 comments: